Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Back to blogging.


Well, I have to admit that it has been months since the last time I blogged. Well, the summer is coming. I only have a month or two and school will be done. I will have to take time to work on my blog again. Meanwhile, I have had time to do a reasonable amount of time and work to lay out.  So I will take some time trying to update and publish the work I have been doing.









I have been trying to decide whether to write about in order from past to present or present to past. I think I will write from most present back to past and see what I can. The most recent is the tallis that I have just finished. This most recent one was made for someone in the east coast area. Here are two pictures of this most recent large tallis.
This tallis set is unique in color. It was YO1D and B4D, 100% SILK, 30/2 fine silk.  I am quite pleased with the results. The tallis is surprisingly light. Since it was 30/2 silk it has almost now weight, but because it is silk, it has plenty of strength and workship is beautiful.  I certainly that the new owner is pleased when he receives it.


So... That is certainly the most recent thing, but there is other work finishing soon. I have finishing work on a chuppah. The weaving is complete, but I am still figuring out how to support the Chuppah. It was woven as one long piece, but I do not yet know how it will be held. There are a couple of ways to support pieces of work. Anyway, the chuppah is made of Jaggerspun 2/18 wool and silk. I am using grey, orange, aqua and purple. I have only photographed while it was holding on the wall and drying. I have added clear wall support so that it can be hung on a wall when it gets there. 


The picture is not the best. I'll have to put out another once I have a system that can really look like a chuppah. Anyway, I should hear from them soon. The  double weave pickup turned out pretty well.  I think I am giving it to them next weekend. I'll add more pictures as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment