Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

School break 2010!


Here it is Sunday and the spring break is about to start. I am so looking forward to having a whole week to work on the chuppah which is my next big plan. Thursday and Friday I had time to spend some effort on setting up my loom for weaving one of the two tallasim that are needed for the chuppah. I am planning to start on the boys tallis first. Then I will weave the girls tallis based in part on the fact that she is a woman and needs a tallis that is a little less wide than his. Once the basic tallasim are done, I will work on their corners and the atturahs. His will be blue with some of her red. In areas there is a blend of red and blue to produce a beautiful purple. This picture presents the base colored silk for his tallis.
Her colors are red, burgundy and some blue. The represent their two previous colors. His is blue and hers in burgundy and red.
Her tallis will be mostly red and burgundy. His will be mostly Blue. Their corners and atturahs will be blended of both of there colors. Also, the entrance to the chuppah will have the statement "Ani l'dodi v'dodi Li." The banner will be woven in white with the lettering blended in the colors that they have chosen, blue, burgundy and red.
Since I am currently setting up the first tallis, I don't have any pictures to put up right now. As soon as I start weaving tomorrow, I'll start adding pictures to the Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment