Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Paper Art!

One of the best things about visiting San Francisco and Berkeley in particular is the exposure to new and interesting art.
When walking through the art program area in UC Berkeley art area I spotted these interesting pieces.
I found all these interesting art pieces provide different appearances. They were all made out of paper pieces. I guess you can call these recycle-able art.



I like these pieces. Each one has a very different appearance than anything else i have seen.

In addition to the paper work, we interviewed the Egyptian research museum on campus at UC Berkeley.
The work there is also very interesting.

I talked with a person there who was putting together a facial mask from an egyptian mask. It had been originally put together with fiber material. The ancient linen material was falling apart and being put together with materials that will hold it together. I had a really nice chat with the worker there.

No comments:

Post a Comment