Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

350 event


350 is a new topic of issue. I read the webpage and started looking for more information about Earth 350. It appears that the best atmosphere balance with Carbon Dioxide balance is 350 parts per million (ppm) in the atmosphere. We are currently at 388 ppm. It is part of the reason why our world is heating up. We need to work hard to encourage everyone to produce less carbon dioxide. That means burn fewer carbon. Fewer fires, less use of gas, etc.


One of the things being done, is creating events where people can get together and spread the word. Today, I went out to LA and got together with a bunch of other people who created a large picture of an eagle that was visible from space. As soon as the picture comes back and is available, I will add it to this page. In the meanwhile, I have attached a couple of the pictures that I took during the event.


This first picture was taken during the initial start of the project. These people are laying out solar warming frames that were placed on the ground. The frames have two sides a black side and a white side. The white side will be easily seen from space and provides the frame. The black side was warmed by being visible to the sun. That warmed up the surface so that it was warm for people to lie on these frames and keep them from blowing away by the wind.


This next picture shows us all lying down on the ground. You can tell that we are a large group of people lying down over a huge
area. Obviously they would have loved to have had a couple of thousand people there to better fill in the space. As was, we had 150 to 200 people. Given the heavy rain that we had the day before, I am glad that we had the number of people that did show.



Finally, here is a picture of my wife lying on the ground. As usual, by seeing her sitting out there with all the people trying to create the picture, I was definitely "seeing red"

Also, what do you do with a collection of people who have been lying on the ground for an hour? Well, we started doing Yoga!



No comments:

Post a Comment