Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Went to the fair!!!

Like every year, I went to the fair today and worked at the guild meeting demo area. It gives me a chance to meet people and talk about weaving. Why weaving is fun and comfortable and why it is worth their opportunity to get reconnected to fiber. I also get the chance to go and look at all the other work too. I saw two things that I really liked.


This item was called "Green Eggs and Ham". It is make of stone and metal and was submitted as a multiple materials art piece. I liked the presentation of the components and it caught my funny bone.


There were a number of other items that I also really liked. Near this one, was a stone Giraffe. It was very beautifully executed out of stone.


In addition to these items I also liked the three things that I submitted to the fair. The three things that I submitted all took 1st prizes. Obviously I was glad to win.

I'll have to put pictures out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment