Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wedding Chuppah Information


I have been working on weaving an entrance picture. Attached is the picture of the wedding entrance. This item is woven in cotton just to prove the thread designs. This says, "I am to my lover and my lover is to me." I need to weave another version of this in the silk materials that will be used for two being married. For each of the two people there will be large areas of cloth that will be sewn together to create the Chuppah. Then in front of the chuppah, this document will be attached over the entrance of the chuppah. After the wedding, this document will be mounted into a picture frame that can be hung on a wall of the home.
More pictures will be coming as I make all the cloth pieces that will be created over time.
More as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment