Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

We are closing in on the wedding.

As I write this, we are getting closer to the wedding. It is scheduled for this afternoon. The preparation events are over and now we are sleeping in and waiting for things to catch up. Friday was the betrothing of the husband and wife.

Yesterday was the blending of families. It took all day and two dinners to get all the people coming from all over to meet each other, eat together and get to start to know each other.
The hot dogs and burgers was out near the site where the wedding will be today. I have to admit that for me the best thing was seeing all the kids getting together. With my sisters two boys, with my two boys, and with my brothers four girls, it is great for them to all get together again. They have not had a chance to all sit together for almost 10 years. They have been together in groups, but not all together for a long time. I have not been able to get pictures of the whole group yet. Tomorrow after the wedding there will have to be a picture of all the cousins and their wives. The numbers are growing. Right now, we are relaxing, sleeping late and getting ready for the wedding this afternoon.
Last night we were at a museum. It was a great place for everyone to get together and as usual, there was some fiber material available there. There was one thing there that I took a picture of, was this tallis. It was made of cotton and the pattern is simple but pretty. I was surprised that it was put into the museum there.
The work is good, and I like the patterns on the corners. As usual, no matter where I am, or where I am, I can always find interesting fiber work.
Now it is time to go get breakfast! I am also getting eager to see the chuppah. If I get good pictures, I will update the blog tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment