Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

What a great visit to the dying place!

Yesterday I went with the Designing Weavers group to the Newtons Yarn in Aneheim, California.

It is really
cool to see the huge
equipment to produce large volumes of material. This first picture is of the spinning and joining thread machine. This device brings in spools of single rayon, wool, and synthetic silver and blends it all together. Then once this collection is spun together, it goes in either a collection dyer or into a blended dyer.








This second picture is of the dyer for multiple color dying. In this device the long spools of material can be lowered into the dyer one color at a time. Then the whole spools go into a high speed spinner where the dye is cleaned out of the threads. After that process, the thread goes into a dryer to be stored for sale.




This last picture is of a collection of different material that has been dyed and dryed. The collection of beautiful colors was really nice to see.

It is really nice to see the whole process. I have to admit that after seeing all the work done there, I had no problem with going back to the sales area and buying up quite a collection of material to use.




I'll try to identify work that I made things using Newtons material.










No comments:

Post a Comment