Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Old Leclerc

What fun! I received from a librarian in Philadelphia a Catalog from Leclerc. I have not yet figured out when it was printed, but it is identified as number 172A. I am really excited about the contents that are listed within it. The basic designs and sizes of the Leclerc equipment is still similar. Of course there are no computerized looms. But MIRA loom, the FANNY loom and the NILUS looms look familiar, though I think that all the new versions are version two not version one.The most interesting extras are the Occupational Therapy versions and the Bed Patients Loom Rack. These two items indicate that weaving in your bed or weaving even if you are using a wheelchair is supported. I don't think I have seen these items in the current catalog.
I think it is really cool that people saw weaving as a good way to maintain your physical ability by weaving. activating your arms and legs by weaving is something that we weavers know only too well.
I will have to copy some of he pictures in this catalog and share it with you all in the near future. Meanwhile, I am trying to figure out the age of the catalog. If anyone knows the date for the publication of the catalog 172A, please let me know.

The other recent excitement was the opening for the show in the SCIART gallery. An old friend and her husband came to the show. I really had a great evening. Here are a couple of pictures of some of the item in the show. If you get a chance during the next month, I encourage everyone to dropping by the show in old town camarillo. Besides, I have a piece showing there!

No comments:

Post a Comment