Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What a great show!!!

What a great show at the SCIART gallery. This is work by Russell McMillin and David Elder.
Their work is really interesting. One of the actors has focused on clothing that looks like models of people.
These objects appear a lot like something from Japan or China. I really find them fun to wander through and look over them carefully. At first, I did not realize how close they are and how similar they are. The fine similarity between them is really fun.

In addition to the models of people are objects that are models of clothing. The clothing items are made out of wood and other interesting materials. These items appear to be painted with really fine pictures.
When you first walk into the room you think they are clothes, but they are made out of carved wood. The whole show is dramatic and definitely worth seeing. These clothing designs are really fun.

The show is definitely something to enjoy. If you are here in the Camarillo area, you should definitely drop by and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment