Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I went to Solvang and got stuff for projects!!

We took a drive out to Solvang and visited Marsha and John. They have the best place for buying materials for weaving. I got a lot of cotton because I am planning on making new place mats for the kitchen table. I want to make a set of flatter place mats. Also, I got new white wool and silk to make a new tallis and I got a pile of multi died silk for a tallis for Steve. I think it has the colors for which he has said that he prefers. Now I need to sit and do some design before I go to work!
The drive to Solvang was a little slow and the fire behind Santa Barbara darkened the sky. When the car was parked in Solvang we found it covered with ash from the fire. I should have taken a picture of the car, but I forgot to take my camera with me. 
Also, we got to see the area that John and Marsha are moving into. Actually it will just expand the area that they care currently using. They have opened an entrance area between the two stores. They have started using that area as a storage space. They have moved all their looms to that space, but they really need to clean it up and reorganize everything. Right now the problem is that the person doing the rebuild is also a fireman so..... right now he is fighting the fire rather than working on the room. I am sure that he will get back soon!
Well, time for me to go to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment