Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Starting to use Kumihimo.

So I may not have mentioned that I took Deborah's class on Kumihimo. It is a Japanese braiding technique. It is an ancient Japanese art. I thought it would be fun and it gives me thinking to do while I am waiting for airplanes, etc. Here are some of the first few braids that I have made. The one on the left is in process right now. I had to go out and buy some material, but it does not take much. Only some cardboard and some thread are required. I also got started thinking about making some scarves. So I pulled out some material and I am thinking about designing some scarves with interesting color combinations. I have lots of brown so I think I will blend brown with some other colors and see what happens. I thougth that using a little gold and white will put a nice contrast to the browns and tan. I also have some strong red and I am thinking about putting a little red in the contrast. If you see colors you like, let me no.

1 comment:

  1. On the blog we can see the pale blue from your "Best of show" ribbon - I can see how nice a blue would look with the darker browns, the gold and the white - (since you asked).

    ReplyDelete