Carl's Weaving

My photo
This is an easy way for me to share my current work and events as I create interesting new activites.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

I won a prize!


I can hardly believe how excited I was to find that both of the things that I submitted to the Ventura County Fair won either 1st place or Best of Show. The tallis won Best of Show. It is a pure silk Tallis and a pure silk bag, all hand woven. It also has a double hand pickup atturah make of silk and wool. The wool is woven with double pick up to create hebrew letters for the tallis blessing. It really turned out beautifully. Unfortunately the displayed it in a case with the bag on top of the tallis rather than the tallis on top of the bag. You can see the pattern I used in both the bag and the tallis. It looks like stars! Then I used had woven stars in the corners. The Jacket was nicely displayed. The pattern shows well and the size and shape was comfortable. 
It's a shape that this picture does not give you a good look of the jacket. I will have to take some more pictures that have the proper color. But you can tell that the weaving and sewing was well done and shows up well. I could hardly believe that it had the 1st on it when I found it! In any case, it is nice to see that people think my work is good and well worth it's effort. Now I am relaxing and looking forward to seeing what happens next!!!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you. Isn't it a thrill to see those ribbons on your entries?

    ReplyDelete